Best Way to Cook Corn on the Cob


It’s sweet corn season so I’ve been eating a lot of corn lately. I read a tip recently that said the best way to cook corn on the cob was to add milk and butter to your pot while it’s boiling.



Now I’ve eaten corn on the cob for decades and I’ve never heard anyone adding milk and butter to the boil. Curious, I cut up 5 ears of corn into halves and put them in a pot of water. I brought the water to a boil and then added 1 cup of milk and 1 stick of butter. After about 8 minutes the corn was ready to go.

The corn came out of the pot full of flavor. For once I didn’t have to slather any butter on as the corn already had a rich buttery taste from the milk butter bath. I just added a little salt and it was some of the best corn I’ve tasted. I’m going to pull out this trick for my pot luck dish I’m bringing to a friend’s Labor Day BBQ.

What’s your favorite way to cook corn? Boil, Grill, Microwave? Also, do any of you add sugar? I’ve heard of some people adding a little but I find the corn I get is sweet enough.





Source: Super Tasty Recipes

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...